Park Rules & Regulations
Cowabunga Bay is a family park and guests are expected to behave properly and respect others. Park rules and policies are for the safety and enjoyment of the park. Failure to follow park rules, regulations and instructions may result in serious injury to yourself or other individuals. Persons not complying or violating these rules will be subject to immediate ejection from the park without refund.
- Safety is our number one priority. Height and weight restrictions are posted for all attractions and enforced.
- Please read safety signs and follow the directions of the lifeguards and park employees at all times.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in the park without a supervising adult. Minors (under 16) should be accompanied by an adult. Park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Guests under 48″ or who are weak or non-swimmers should wear Coast Guard approved lifejackets where appropriate. In the wave pool, we suggest 42″ and under wear a lifejacket and be accompanied by an adult. We insist that parents keep their children within arms-reach for their close supervision on all water activities.
- Life jackets are provided at the park free of charge. Personal flotation devices brought into the allowed for use must carry the U.S. Coast Guard stamp of approval.
- Guests may not bring in inflatables such as rafts, swim rings or water wings.
- Diving is not permitted in any pool or attraction at the park.
- No running.
- No standing on fences, tables or chairs.
Rider Restrictions and Responsibility
- Each guest has a legal and moral responsibility to act responsibly in the park and on all rides and attractions.
- All amusement rides are physical activities which pose inherit risks.
- Guests must obey all oral and written warnings an instructions and properly use all ride handles and equipment provided.
- Guests who do not comply with ride and park rules may be ejected from the park without refund.
- Some rides require a specific riding position. Guests unable to maintain such a position will not be permitted to ride.
- Certain attractions contain bright lighting effects that flash or strobe. Persons with sensitivity to these conditions or a history of photo sensitive epilepsy should avoid these attractions.
- In general you should only ride a thrill ride, or participate in certain attractions, if you are in good health. Do not ride if you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart, neck or body problems, motion sickness, recent surgery, or any other medical condition that may be affected by the features of the ride.
- You should not ride if you have any impairment or condition that would prevent the intended use of seating and safety restrains as provided, or an inability to follow any safety requirement.
- The park does not and cannot guarantee your health and you fully assume all risks of any ride or activity in which you choose to participate.
- If for any reason you feel you need help due to an injury or medical condition, immediately notify a park employee or lifeguard and ask for help.
- Any injuries sustained at the park must be reported on the day of incident.
Guests with Disabilities
- While Cowabunga Bay complies with federal and state disability and accommodation laws, there may be some rides or attractions and areas of the park that may not be safely accessible to all persons.
- Many of our attractions, food and beverage and merchandise areas are accessible to guests with disabilities, including those using wheelchairs.
- If you, or a member of your group, have a particular disability or special need, we ask that you please contact the park’s Guest Services at least a day prior to your visit so that we can better assist you in preparing for your visit.
Parents & Guardians
- Children 12 and under may not be at the park without adult supervision.
- It is strongly recommended that minors be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Children and the behavior of all minors are the sole responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s), in which the parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
- Anyone choosing to leave their minor(s) at the park is still responsible for them—in no event does the park assume that responsibility.
- Minors in violation of park rules may be ejected, detained or have their season pass revoked without refund.
- While Cowabunga Bay will attempt to contact a minor’s parent/guardian to have them picked up – the park is not responsible if a minor leaves the property, or for anything that occurs after a minor has left the park grounds.
- If you cannot locate your child in the park, please alert a staff member who will be happy to assist you in locating your child. Lost children location spot is located at First Aid.
- Cowabunga Bay does not utilize a public paging system. Please pre-arrange a set meeting place and time with those members of your group should you become separated or lost.
- Proper swimwear must be worn on all rides and attractions.
- Swimwear must be made of nylon swim material.
- Guests are welcome to wear swim-wear nylon shirts.
- Any child in diapers MUST wear a waterproof/swim diaper to enter the water. Swim diapers are available for purchase at Cowabunga Trader Store.
- Inappropriate swimwear is NOT permitted and includes but is not limited to underwear, boxers, briefs; attire that is transparent or translucent in private areas; attire with exposed metal, rivets, buttons, zippers, buckles or snaps that could be abrasive to other swimmers and/or attractions; long pants, jeans, denim, slacks, and trousers; any clothing or accessory (e.g. belts, jewelry) deemed as potentially damaging to the attractions; regular diapers are not permitted in any pools or attractions.
- Clothing should not offensively expose parts of the body, be transparent, or display indecent pictures and slogans.
- Clothing or tattoos with offensive language or graphics are not permitted – this includes profanity, pornography, graphic violence, drugs, gang symbols and the discrimination towards any race, religion or group.
- Park admission may be denied if clothing or tattoos are deemed inappropriate by management.
- If for any reason guests’ do not follow the policy of wearing appropriate swimwear, the park’s management reserves the right to request for the guest to change their attire or leave the premises. Appropriate swim attire is available for purchase from Cowabunga Trader Store.
- All guests must behave in a courteous manner to park staff and other park guests.
- Guests fighting, using profanity, offensive or abusive language, symbols or gestures will be ejected from the park without refund.
- Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass other in line, line jump, or exit the line and return to the same place.
Food, Drinks & Coolers
- No outside food, beverages, coolers, picnic basket or grills may be brought into the park.
- The use of grills or any open flame on park property including the parking lot is prohibited.
- Please contact or notify guest services if you have special dietary needs or infant food.
- Season pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance into the park. Pass entry is valid once a day. If you leave the park please have your hand stamped for return. Do not share your season pass….Share your pass, Lose your pass!
- Guests who leave the park and plan to return must get a re-admission hand stamp before they leave the park at the exit/re-entry gate.
- If you plan to leave the parking lot, please retain your parking ticket and receipt and present to the parking toll booth upon re-entry.
- Nevada weather poses high heat conditions. Hot weather poses a risk of sunburn and heat illness. It is always important to stay hydrated and frequently apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- The park remains open in rain which can make surfaces slippery. Please use caution when moving about the park, going up or down stairs and entering or exiting rides. Running is not permitted at any time.
- In severe weather situations, the park may shut down rides and direct people to certain areas until weather conditions have cleared and it is safe to return to the water. Some instances may require to direct people to leave the park altogether.
- Please visit the First Aid station at signs of heat exhaustion, including fatigue, nausea, headaches, confusion, and loss of consciousness, weakness, change in heartbeat, shortness of breath, clammy skin, dizziness, excessive thirst, confusion, anxiety or any other concern.
- Guests are welcome to take pictures of themselves, family members, friends and their group for their own personal use.
- It is not permitted to take photographs of others who object, or violate another’s privacy, rights to publicity, or are considered harassing, stalking or threatening.
- Photos and recordings are strictly prohibited in bathrooms, changing rooms, and locker areas. Park management reserves the right to take away the camera or recorder and violators may be held for law enforcement and be subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Cowabunga Bay management reserves the right to stop picture taking or video recording and confiscate any inappropriate material.
- By entering the park, you have given Cowabunga Bay the right to videotape and take still photography images that may be used in marketing, advertising, news reporting, promotions and social media. All property ownership of such materials, and copyright in and to all such materials, shall belong exclusively to Cowabunga Bay in perpetuity, without any compensation or other consideration to any guest or other person in, on or around the park property.
- If filming or photography is taking place and you do not want to be included, please notify a park staff member or photo/film crew.
- Request for commercial photography of any kind requires advanced park permission and a signed contract by park management.
- Any unapproved or unauthorized video or images uploaded to any social media channel shall be removed. Any materials which defame the park may result in legal action for damages.
Cowabunga Bay welcomes all breastfeeding mothers and their children and (in accordance with applicable law). For those who desire privacy, the park has several shaded areas as well as air conditioned locations at their disposal including restroom/changing areas with private stalls and in First Aid.
- Cowabunga Bay is a smoke-free park.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is only permitted in designated areas. The smoking area is located in the picnic area at the far west area of the park between Kids Cove and Caban-A-Rama.
- Medical Marijuana is strictly prohibited in the park or in the parking lot.
- No animals of any kind are not allowed in the park, except for legally-defined service dogs or as may otherwise be required by law to assist those with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act or other applicable laws.
- You will be required to verify it’s a legally-qualifying service animal.
- Verified service animals are prohibited from going into or on any water ride or attractions, because of hygiene and safety concerns.
- You are responsible for controlling and cleaning up after your service animal. If your animal needs to go to the bathroom, please take them to an area off to the side on a grassy area, away from other patrons. Please ask a staff member to where your animal might be directed.
- You may be asked to leave the park if your service animal poses a threat to persons or property if it’s unruly, threatening, aggressive, barking, snarling, biting or if you are unable to control your animal at all times.
- If an animal is left in a car while patrons are inside the park, Animal Control will be contacted and may forcibly enter your vehicle in order to attend to the health or safety needs of the animal. You will be responsible to pay any costs involved with the rescue of a pet left in a car and may possibly face animal cruelty charges from local authorities.
Cowabunga Bay is private property and we do not allow firearms, weapons, glass containers, projectile items, food, beverage and unauthorized floatation devices. For guest safety and to ensure proper items are being brought inside the park, our staff at the main gate may inspect bags, totes and purses.
Other prohibited items include:
- Weapons of any kind, fireworks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Safety pins
- Glass objects or bottles
- Food, snacks or beverages of any kind
- Metal objects, spiked clothing, etc.
- Folding chairs, beach umbrellas, tents.
- Radios/boom boxes, musical instruments.
- Skateboards, Segways, bicycles, roller skates or other mobile devices (with exception to wheelchairs and ADA scooters). A bike rack is available outside of the park entrance.
- Prices and operating schedule are subject to change without notice.
- All attractions are subject to temporary maintenance, safety or inclement weather shutdowns.
- Locker rental is available for your convenience. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Cowabunga Bay accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal items.
- Season Pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance to the Park. Passes must be presented at the time of purchase to receive Reward Points. Season passes are not transferable or refundable. Share your pass…Lose your pass.
- Season Pass entry is only valid once a day. Guests who leave the park and plan to return must have their hand stamped.
- Park management reserves the right to ask guests who violate any policy to leave the waterpark.
- Park Rules & Regulations are not comprehensive, and are subject to change without notice.
- The Park may have numerous additional rules and procedures applicable to guests which, if not followed, may subject the guest to ejection without refund.
- Management reserves the right to ask guests who violate any policy to leave the waterpark.
- Failure to follow these rules and use common sense may result in serious injury to yourself and/or others and perhaps even expulsion from the park.